Total Time: 73 Minutes
Cook Time: 18 Minutes
Prep Time: 55 Minutes
- 500g Beef Mince
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup chopped continental parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp The Other Chef Black Garlic Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tsp The Other Chef Habanero Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp The Other Chef Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g Cheddar Cheese, sliced
- 4 Hamburger Buns, halved
- 50g The Other Chef Bread & Butter Pickles
- The Other Chef American Mustard
- Spanish onion sliced
- The Other Chef Tomato Sauce
- Place the beef mince, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and Habanero Hot Sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion with your hands into a patty about 10cm in diameter and 1.5cm thick.
- Place the patties onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer the patties to a plate, set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the hamburger buns, cut-side up, under the preheated grill and toast for 1 minute or until golden. Leave the grill on.
- Place the patties on a tray lined with foil and top them with cheese. Place under the grill for 1 minute or until the cheese is just melted.
- To serve, spread the bottom halves of the toasted hamburger buns with American mustard, then some mayonnaise. Top with patties, lettuce, tomato, Spanish onion, a dollop of tomato sauce and then some bread & butter pickles. Cover with the hamburger bun tops.